Saturday 26 January 2019

Film workflow with lightroom


I do both digital and film photography.


Scanning film negatives does not produce great results in terms of quality, and I think a print from negative is far superior.


What I like about Lightroom is how easy it is to build a book and send it over for print.


What would be the best way of printing books with both digital and film?



Should I scan the prints as opposed to scanning the negatives, or is there a better way of doing it?



Answer



Have you considered using the Nikon ES-2 adapter and your digital camera to do the "scanning".


It becomes macro photography, where you are taking a photo of the slide or in your case the film negative. I have used this very successfully with slides (using the ES-1) and although I haven't used the negative version I would absolutely give this a try before using a traditional scanner. It is very fast, and the quality is very good IMO.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...