Saturday 22 December 2018

Why is manual flash at the lowest power stronger than the TTL result?


I have a 500D with the 430EX II flashgun. I've taken two pictures with the camera in manual mode, one with the flash in ETTL mode and then in manual mode with the power to 1/64 and the flash exposure to -2.


I've noticed that the shot with the flash in manual mode looks like the flash is still too strong even with the settings I've picked when compared to the ETTL shot which looks natural.


Can someone give me a quick explanation on why this might be happening?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...