Tuesday 4 December 2018

nikon - How can I repair a corrupt .nef file?


I took about 100 shots using a Nikon D7000 on a 4GB memory card this weekend, shooting in RAW. I checked the pictures after the first 5 and all looked fine, so I kept shooting. After taking about 95 pictures (in relatively quick succession) of a series of formal shots I clicked the viewer to check all was ok. There was a blank screen with "no image". I can see every file on the SD card (there are about 100 files, all about the right size - 19-21mb) but I can only open the first 6 in ViewNX2, or any other program.


I've tried various image recovery programs but they are all geared towards recovering lost (i.e. deleted) data. I can see the files, so the data must be there, but I just can't view or open the pictures.


Has anyone had experience with this or could anyone point me in the right direction?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...