Tuesday 18 December 2018

permission - Personal Image vs Photographer Copyright


I had some piercing work done at a private residence by someone who has quite a few followers. I asked them to take some pictures on my phone but they told me not to worry and that they had a camera. I am the only one in the pictures. They sent me the pictures watermarked with the piercers name and gave me permission to post/use them on social media.


Stuff has gone down since (not pretty). They are claiming copyright of the pictures and had them reported and taken down.


Do I have any rights? Am I allowed to legally post them on social media? I am in Western Australia and can't afford a lawyer. I feel bullied. Appreciate any help.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...