Friday 13 April 2018

While shooting in RAW, do you have to post-process it to make the picture look good?


I always shoot in RAW. But I take lots of pictures, when I am out shooting I might come home with 600+ pictures. Many of these pics are copies of the same motive, but with different aperture, shutter, D lightning etc. I do this because I'm an amateur and I like to experiment and I have a happy trigger finger.


Some of the photos look just fine the way they are, but is it necessary to post-process it in RAW? Now, I do not mean simply to convert it to JPEG so others can view it, but are you "obliged" to post-process it by altering white balance, sharpness etc?


I like to edit pictures, but if I like 70-100 photos out of 600, I do not have time to edit every single picture. Except for converting JPG, even though I am not uploading the pictures nor sending them to someone.


Thanks in advance for answers!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...