Tuesday 10 April 2018

portrait - Workflow for managing, organizing and sharing a large number of "photos of strangers"?


Scenario


I'm going to be in a public area taking portraits of many people (for example, at a themed, public event, or while doing a 100 Strangers Project, etc..)


After taking someone's portrait, I want them to give them access to their portrait (and only theirs, not everyone else's).


So, given all the pictures I take that day, how can I keep track of all the photos (matching up them up with their portrait, and then providing them a way to see/share the photo)? Also, what token, if any, could I give them to find or receive their photo later on?


Requirements


The ideal solution for me would




  • give them access to only their portrait

  • minimize the amount of personal information I get from them at the time of encounter (a name only, for example. The assumption is that people would not want to give out their contact information.)

  • minimize wasting their time (in other words, be a socially elegant solution)

  • maximize the amount of time I spend shooting while I'm out "in the field" as opposed to bookkeeping


I'm comfortable giving them my contact information.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...