Friday 27 April 2018

35mm - My roll of film didn't rewind inside all the way


I have an automatic, Minolta Zoom 160. I just finished a roll of 400 / 24 shots & I heard the film rewind back into its canister just as I finished the last shot. When I opened the back of the camera, I noticed some of the strip was still sticking out! It looks as if I just put the film in the camera but I didn't stretch it out into the track winder thing.


I'm not new to this but I never really have technical problems, so it's hard for me to explain everything using the right words. It was not a lot of the strip that was exposed. But my question is, does this mean my photos are ruined because a tiny part of it didn't suck back into the canister? And why didn't it go back in all the way?


This is what the film looks like, it's not even going back into the canister all the way.


enter image description here


Another question is if I expose my film to light, does that mean the entire roll is ruined?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...