Friday 20 April 2018

Recommendations for Wireless Flash Triggers?


Currently my AB800's have a built-in optical trigger, but still requires a flash to trigger them. I'd like to move to an all wireless setup. I also have the canon ST-E2 to pair with my Sigma 500 DG Super and Canon 580 EX II.


I'd like to use a wireless trigger system that will work with both my Alien Bee's and my Speedlites.


Money isn't necessarily an issue, assuming the triggers do what I need them to do.



Answer



My apologies for linking to Strobist all the time, but as it happens there is a recent post just about that. He lists PocketWizard Plus II Transceiver as the best and most reliable, followed by RadioPopper JrX, AlienBees CyberSyncs, and Elinchrom Skyports.



You also might want to check out RadioPopper PX, which looks like it might be able to trigger slave units for your Speedlites and AlientBees at the same time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...