Sunday 1 April 2018

Effect of each step in RAW image pipleline




I am a little familiar with tools like dcraw or libraw. I know that we can give one RAW image to each of these tools, and they will give us output image, which is gone through a pipeline procedure:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_image_pipeline


Now assume that I have the output image after one of the steps in the pipeline. How can I perform the rest of the pipeline using dcraw or libraw(or something else) on that image? For example, I have demosaiced a RAW image (let's say I have done that with another demosaiking tool that I have developed). How can I perform the rest of the pipeline, given that I know the meta data (Like type of the camera, etc.)?


The reason for asking is that, I want to change some of the steps in the pipeline and see the change in the final results of the pipeline. As another example:


Assume this imaginary pipeline in one imaginary software:


RAW -> Demosaicking -> Gamma correction -> color balancing -> 8/16 bit output color image


Let's say I have designed a modified Gamma correction algorithm, and I wanna test it in the pipleline. So I do:


RAW -> Demosaicking -> out1


And apply my algorithm on out1. Then given the result to:



color balancing -> 8/16 bit output color image


Can I do such a thing in one of the current tools?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...