Friday 22 December 2017

battery - How can I tell when it's time to replace (not just change) my rechargeable batteries?


My camera uses AAA batteries, and I have a few sets of NiMH AAAs. I know that these are only good for a certain number of charge cycles, but how can I tell when it's time to replace them?


I've been charging each AAA by itself, then immediately testing it - if it doesn't show "green", then I assume it's dying. (I have Sanyo smart charger, which shows power as red/yellow/green.)


Is there a better way to test them?



Answer



There are battery managers that can be used to detect this and, in many cases, rejuvenate the battery. This website as a good writeup on the topic.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...