Thursday 28 December 2017

software - What system should I use for photo management and sharing over a LAN?


I would like to setup a local website to act as a gallery/management-system for our photos and videos. (I can run 2 servers one for videos and one for photos)


I currently have about 1.5 TB of Pictures and around 4TB of HD home videos, stored on Synology 12bay+ NAS.


We are a large family and people keep asking me if they can have this video or that picture. What I would like is a way to have a photo gallery and a video gallery of everything that we have placed on our LAN (Something like picaso/smugmug but not online just locally, including the ability to do things such as editing tags using the web interface). I'd like to keep the images/videos on the NAS, just have a system to view/manage them (Would need to be Mac compatible, ideally web-based). Does any such system exist?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...