Sunday 3 December 2017

software - What benefit does Lightroom 3 offer over Photoshop + Bridge?


I've been happily using Photoshop and Bridge to manage and edit my digital photos. I'm aware that Lightroom 3 was recently released, and decided to take a look at it, since Lightroom has been widely promoted in the past few years. I haven't used it before.


I've read the specs, but I'd like to hear from those in the know: what benefits, if any, does Lightroom provide over the Photoshop/Bridge combination? I'm particularly looking for benefits to workflow.



Answer



One big workflow benefit is that you're in a single application. Importing files, performing file management, keywording, editing, publishing, and printing can all be done from a single interface. In some cases you're literally one key press in moving between modules.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...