Wednesday 13 December 2017

timelapse - Looking for camera control software (for Nikon DSLR) to shoot time lapse


What software is available that will let me control a camera from a computer, so I can shoot a lime lapse sequence?


The camera is a Nikon D60. I am looking for freely available software.


I am aware of the DIYPhotobits.com Camera Control software, which I have used once. The problem with this program was that I was shooting a time lapse during sunset. Because of the auto-adjustment, the shutter speed went up to 8 seconds after it got dark. This pushed up the time difference between frames from 10 seconds in the start to 18 seconds in the end. In the result video everything seems to speed up in the end. I am looking for software that allows compensating for this.



Answer



There is a freeware opensource software digiCamControl (disclaimer: I am the author), it has almost the features of Nikon Camera Control Pro, and you can submit any new feature request any time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...