Tuesday 19 December 2017

canon - What are some tips for shooting in low light?


I own a Canon 450D with just the standard kit lens that comes with it (I don't plan buying a new lens for a while) and one thing I tend to struggle with is shooting in lower light conditions, indoors and out.


When we have people over and I try and document the party with my camera, most of these photos are taken inside the house however even on the lowest f/3.5 for my 18-55mm lens the images tend to come out blurry and out of focus.


I have heard increasing your ISO works well but then you have the problem of noise.


Is increasing the shutter speed and ISO a good idea for these situations?




Answer



Get a flash!


Seriously, even the small external flashes make a huge difference. You can also (at least on my Nikon SB-400) direct the flash at the ceiling, which both annoys people less and also nearly always eliminates red-eye.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...