Sunday 18 December 2016

lens - Fixing chromatic aberration automatically with software


I am trying to fix chromatic aberration in images taken with wide lens industrial cameras. Searching the internet I didn't find a good software to do so. I tried Hugin and a few others, but without success.


Actually, I was left with a number of questions:




  1. Is this actually possible to do automatic CA from a single image? Meaning, without any knowledge/profile of the camera/lens?





  2. Assuming that I have access to each of the cameras, could I then use some kind of industrial/software tool to generate a profile for each camera, in order to fix that chromatic distortion?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...