Friday 19 August 2016

Why are macros from my new DSLR no better than those from my P&S?


I have been using a 14mp point and shoot for a couple of years. I like to take macros of flowers, frost and bugs. I want to keep zooming in on my PC to see deeper into the flower, so I bought a 18mp Canon EOS Rebel t4i with two kit lenses.


I am very disappointed, because the macro pictures from the $150 camera and the $1100 camera look the same.


A 5:1 magnification macro lens from cannon is $1000. Should i get the Nikon 24mp for $650 or save up for the Canon lens? Would tubes help? should i return the canon?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...