Wednesday 31 August 2016

learning - What is something you learned recently about your gear that you wish you discovered earlier?


I'm playing with my old XTi with a new travel lens, Tamron 18-270mm and I'm reading the instruction sheet for the Tamron and read a section about Manual focusing and got to the small print.


Even in MF mode, when turning focusing ring while pressing the shutter button halfway, the focus aid function lamp lights up when the picture is in focus. Huh?


I grabbed my camera, set it to manual focus played around. Sure enough the little focus indicator turns on when I've focused properly. And now the whole Manual AF Point Selection button makes sense (the crosshair button nearest the shutter on the XTi).



Wow, that's really cool.


What's something you've discovered that gave you a similar feeling?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...