Wednesday 1 June 2016

nikon - What is causing dark pictures in Auto Exposure mode?


I have been using my Nikon D40x in Automatic mode, and it went from taking beautiful pictures to suddenly taking very dark pictures. I have done a "reset", thinking that I must have hit a button that changed the settings. I Made sure that the exposure compensation button was back to zero. Images are still dark.


I Tried shooting in manual mode, deliberately setting the aperture and speed to an "overexposed" level on the camera's internal scale but the images are still dark.


I tried using a different lens and had the same result. There were slight image differences when I was changing the aperture settings, but nothing close to correct exposure.


How can I fix this?


enter image description here




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...