Sunday 26 June 2016

shutter speed - How can I get long exposure for star photography with a Nikon Coolpix P900?


I own a Nikon Coolpix P900. I'm still fairly new to photography but I'm interested in learning about photographing the stars. I've read that the best settings to do this are to have an aperture of f/2.8, a shutter speed of at least 20", and an ISO of between 800 and 1200.


I'm having some trouble getting my camera to these settings. At an ISO of 800 my camera will only allow me a maximum shutter speed of 2". How can I change this?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...