Wednesday 15 June 2016

camera bag - What can I use as a 'holster' to keep DSLR handy but secure while hiking?


Is anyone aware of a holster-type case, or anything that is designed to keep a camera easily accessible while hiking, but prevent it from swinging freely (like it does when it hangs from the neck strap)?


I have a pack with a chest strap, so anything that can attach to that might make sense. I am envisioning something that I can slide/drop the camera into that is attached to my chest, and then just lift it out when I come across something photo-worthy.


Does anything like this exist commercially? Any ideas on a DIY solution?



Answer



Lowepro makes a good chest harness that is similar to the Cotton Carrier, but provides more protection. alt text


I have no connection with Lowepro—I simply recommend their products because I've used them and because The Digital Picture speaks highly of them.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...