Tuesday 28 June 2016

equipment recommendation - Buying a used camera



Based on the discussions here earlier, I decided to get a Nikon D90. I am looking on sites for used camera. I contacted one person and here is the response I received:



All gear is in mint condition with less than 2500 photo shutter actuations and the D90 body just over 2 years old. The lens is just over a year old. Technically there is still 4 years left on the Nikon warranty for the lens but apparently warranties are non transferable. This is only a package deal (D90 with 55-200mm AFS lens). Price CAD $1000.



But I have no idea if the deal is worth the money I would be paying for it, since there is no warranty. Is it worth taking this path or better to stay with Nikon D5100 and buying from store that comes with all warranty for almost same price.


Thanks again for all the help!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...