Sunday 12 June 2016

canon - How do I evaluate photo accessories bundled with a camera?




So I am somewhat of a beginner photographer and this will be my very first DSLR purchase. I have taken photography classes in which I've used really older models of DSLR but that was about 10 years ago, before my camera got stolen (first one was given to me). So I feel like I am starting from square one since it has been so long. I like event, landscape, abstract, and candid photography. I am also interested in mics because I plan to start learning videography and dabbling in that a bit.


I plan to purchase the canon 80D. What I am struggling with is the accessories that come with the bundle. My most important questions would be:



  • Am I getting the best bang for my buck?

  • Will this last me a relatively long time or will it break in like a year?

  • Am I completely off and just worried about the wrong things for the kind of photography I will be doing?


Lastly, I plan to get the 50mm/f1.8 lens separately ($125).


This kit is the most expensive but includes a Rode VideoMic. I am not sure if it's worth it since it looks to be for professionals and I am a beginner. Should I just get a lower cost mic and play around with that first? Or should I see this as an investment that would be worth it?



This kit is $150 cheaper but it does not come with much of the other accessories, and has a Kodak MIC-711 Shotgun Microphone. I can buy a pretty cheap cleaning kit but I'm more concerned over it not having the wide angle and telephoto lens. Or the 67mm 3pc filter kit. Will these be important later on?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...