Friday 26 April 2019

white balance - How do you use a gray card...in the dark room?


Similar to this question; however, I'd like to know more information about using a gray card in a dark room.



I know that I am supposed to balance off of it; however, after I make a test strip, how do I use that to determine what my times should be? What exactly will my eyes see that tells me this is the correct exposure time?


I have a couple of gray cards that I've used in digital B&W. They are a different actual color (one appears very warm); however, they show up as the same shade in the file. So I don't think I can just hold my test strip to the gray card and see which matches.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...