Monday 29 April 2019

What's the best way to get constructive critique of your photographs?



Whats the best what to get constructive critique of your photographs? I'm thinking along what site or online community provides such things, but I'm open to all answers.


If I have a photograph that I think is nice, what's an effective way to get somebody (apart from friends and family) to offer "good" advice? Posting it to a site like this one with a general "what can I do better?" isn't helpful, and on sites like Flickr only the photographs that are already good get noticed.



Answer



I would like to recommend one exposure dot com. I recommend this for two reasons.




  1. The critique is honest, harsh, informed, and deep. As a community, they strive very hard to give very in depth reviews and suggestions. They also have the added benefits of extreme honesty, which is sometimes hard to get. One thing I dislike about flikr is precisely the fact that you never get criticized, just complements. If you want to improve, I think that you need to take a little beating, and one exp will dish it out.




  2. The photos are brilliant. This site has the absolute best gallery of any I have seen. Being a member of the community(free) will also provide you with wonderful inspiration, and help you improve in that way by giving you something to strive for.





Hope this helps!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...