Monday 1 April 2019

lens - What is the Canon PE Mount?


I was exploring the internet this evening and came across an article on the even rarer then the 1200mm; the Canon PE 300mm f/1.8.


Canon PE 300mm f/1.8


Original PetaPixel article



Now although the article says the lens has an EF mount, on the nameplate it clearly says PE (I wonder if the black box it's connected to provides an EF/PE mount conversion). Now I've heard of the EF, FD etc but what's the PE? I know there's a Bronica mount called the PE but I'm unaware of Canon making third party lenses for another manufacturer.


Is this just a Canon lens manufactured for a third party, or is there such thing as a Canon PE mount?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...