Sunday 14 April 2019

nikon - My photos are way too dark, must use 6000+ ISO inside



I have a problem. I recently got a new lens (18-105mm) and my pictures just gets dark. I am shooting in manual mode, I changed to automatic mode without flash and it got lighter. There must be a setting or something that I use in manual mode which make this happen.


I have a Nikon D5200, got it for christmas. When I was studying, the school had exactly the same camera, but in my opinion took better photographs. Maybe this is just my imagination. The darker picture problem is very real though. I can try changing back to my standard lens (18-55mm) and see if that fixes it. The problem with 6400+ iso is noise and if I need such a high iso inside (even with light sources), how on earth will I be able to take pictures outside?


I see people posting images, specifying their ISO-settings, which usually is 800-1600. And those pictures turn out beautiful in a dark setting.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...