Friday 5 April 2019

equipment recommendation - Is there a comfortable, secure, light, and cheap sling shoulder strap system?


I'm looking to carry my Canon DSLR on my shoulder.


I have a Canon T1i with 15-85mm lens that I walked around with all the time.


Here is what I need:




  • A comfortable strap that is long enough to carry on shoulder

  • It holds the camera security and in place (maybe behind my back or by the side, lens pointing downward)

  • It is easy to sling around and ready to shoot in seconds

  • It is fairly light and I can carry my camera on my shoulder for hours

  • It is fairly cheap (something in the $20 range)


I read about Sun snipper the RS system. They're pretty expensive. I am wondering if there is a cheaper alternative that is good.



Answer



There are several DIY solutions been posted online, here's a few I found:




Besides the well known sling solution C-Loop, BlackRapid and SunSniper, there's also a Quick Strap that is known for its low end pricing. You can easily find Quick Straps on eBay for under US$20 and I have also seen them in local camera shops.


Personally, I own a BlackRapid RS-Sport and bought 1 for my colleague as gift. We mutually agreed, this is the best camera gear investment we've (or more precisely, I've) made. Not only it is comfortable and fast reaching, You know it is a professional gear and will not drop your camera upside down. Besides, unlike flash diffusers, you will only bound to have 1 strap and you will always be using it, so you might as well as invest into a trusty product that will hand on to your $1000+ camera and lens!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...