Monday 29 October 2018

What is the best external flash for Nikon beginner?



I have read a lot about the SB-800/SB-900 but I am on a low budget (around ~120$). Is there an external flash that I can have to start learning to use it? I do not need TTL compatibility so it can be an older model. I have a Nikon D5000.




Answer



I also have the Nikon D5000 and have been very satisfied with YongNuo speedlight. I used YN-460II and recently bought a YN-560.


Both are very good, with easy manual adjustment controls. The YN-560 is bulkier but have electronic zoom feature so this will let you do more experiment with your lighting setup.


I found that I'm not missing the TTL feature as I can guess and required flash power and quickly fine adjust with the button control.


YN-460II costs $50 while YN-560 is $85, so you can get them cheap.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...