Friday 5 October 2018

reviews - Should I worry about a camera I am interested in "winning" on Snapsort?


I might soon buy a new camera and I am hesitating between the Canon T5i and the Nikon D5300 on snapsort the D5300 is winning but I am wondering if it is that much better...


I am wondering about this because when I look at some samples of the T5i (or even of it's predecessors such as the T4i or even T3i) and when I compare them to the samples of the Nikon D5300 I don't find them as much different.


The only thing where I do really see a difference is about the ISO, where the Nikon seems to perform better. The color depth is also better on Nikon (24 bits vs 22 bits) does it makes a big difference ? I also see on the comparison website that the overall image quality is apparently much better for the Nikon that scores at 83 vs 61 for the Canon, what do you think about that?


Maybe am I just hesitating because of the very bad experience I had with a Nikon 1 V1 (which broke 3 times and now doesn't work any more), but without knowing exactly why, I am actually much more attracted by Canon than Nikon... and that's why I would need your objective opinions about that...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...