Wednesday 17 October 2018

lens - Pictures of surfers start in focus then go out of focus?


I was recently shooting some surfers after a session with my 7D and Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD. I started shooting while he was in focus, then as he got to the main part of the maneuver the photos started losing the focus. I shot all three at 1/1250 f/6.3 ISO 200 Al servo AF and the middle AF Zone.


Initial shot
Second shot

Last shot


Entire series at flickr


This is kind of a problem because the shot that would be the good one is out of focus. My 7D is fairly new, I do not think it is the body. Is it time for an upgrade in lens??? I was thinking about the canon EF 300mm f/4L IS USM or 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM with a 2X Extender?? Please tell me any suggestions that you guys might have with the way I shoot or what lens you think would be best for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...