Monday 20 August 2018

troubleshooting - How to recover data from a damaged/chewed up SD card?



In short, my new puppy chewed up my SD card. I took the card out of the camera after a shoot to back it up onto an external hard drive. I then decided to grab a glass of water. As I was filling up the cup, the dog hopped and snatched the card with his mouth. When I grabbed the card out of his mouth, it was clearly damaged with bite marks on the card.



  • OS X can't see or recognize the card

  • Windows 7 can see that there is an SD card plugged in but doesn't return any information on the disk itself


Luckily for that day I was shooting with two cameras. This card only has about 100 images but it had all my wide angle shots, while the other camera had the 70-200.


I've tried recuva and ZAR with no success.


What are your recommendations to recover the data from my card? Any services (close to Canada) I can send my card to for potential repair?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...