Sunday 12 August 2018

How do I use Google Maps GPS data in Adobe Bridge/Photoshop?


I would like to begin adding GPS data to my photographs. I am running Adobe Bridge and Photoshop CS6. After going on a shoot today, I found the location on Google Maps and copied the coordinates, however, when I attempted to paste them into the GPS fields in Bridge I got an error message:



Please provide a latitude in the form of dd,mm.mmmmN or dd,mm.mmmmS




The information I get from Google maps is like this -79.06782


Is there another way to get the GPS data or convert the Google maps numbers so it works in Bridge?


Thanks.



Answer



I appreciate the above responses, but I was unable to get any of the resulting GPS data to stick in my photos. Bridge continually complained about the formatting.


So I dug a little deeper and found a way to get the GPS data in using Lightroom 4. This is pretty cool:


http://help.adobe.com/en_US/lightroom/using/WS6029a80579ffffcd-6a3f1714134217cf621-8000.html


To add GPS coordinates to photos (and add the photos to the map), do any of the following:




  • Drag photos from the Filmstrip and drop them onto the map. Select one or more photos in the Filmstrip and Ctrl-click (Windows) or

  • Command-click (Mac OS) the map location. Select one or more photos in the Filmstrip and right-click (Windows) or Control-click (Mac OS) the map location and choose Add GPS Location To Selected Photos.

  • To see a thumbnail preview of photos at a certain location, click a photo pin.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...