Saturday 18 August 2018

Landscape photography equipment advice


I am an amateur photographer with more then passing interest in photography. With time I have developed interest towards landscape work. I already own a Canon S90 and have been considering buying a DSLR. The problem is I had my mind set on the 5D Mk II which is prohibitively expensive. The dilemma then is the whether to save up for the 5D or buy a cheaper body now and go for more expensive one later. If I do go for a cheaper body (60D) what lenses should I buy?


If looking at my previous work would help form your advice, then the following link will take you there: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ratking82/



Answer



Wait. Save up, not for the 5D Mk II, but until you actually have a photographic problem to solve. I do not think you have one yet. Your photos look fine and at a glance, I do not see where you are being limited by your camera.


You neither shoot fast moving objects nor in very low-light, which would be excellent reasons to buy a DSLR right now. Should you start doing the latter but not the former, you may even consider an SLD instead. Canon does not have one yet, but if you wait they might.


Once you find what is limiting you, it should be easy to figure out what you need. At the very least, you'll be able to post a much better question here :)



The best camera and lens is different for different things and bulk is a serious issue, if you get something too big, you may start shooting less.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...