Tuesday 7 August 2018

accessories - Manual photography cheat sheet — where can I find one, or what should be on it?


I have been trying to shoot more in manual modes (both camera and flash). At this point, I understand all the concepts, but all the adjustments slow me down.



I'd like to have a "cheat sheet" with all the basic calculations/tables on it that I can refer to in order to speed up the process, in a format that I can easily keep in my camera bag.


Does anyone know of a good sheet, or alternatively, if I create it what information should I include?


At the moment I'd like to have at least:



  • an f-stop list (just full stops)

  • basic guide number information



Answer



Since there are 3 important variables here: aperture, shutter speed and ISO, I would Google for Exposure Triangle Cheat Sheet for example. Here are a few:




Click to view larger image



My Exposure Triangle Cheat Sheet (glark.org) link has been broken, image attached below instead:


enter image description here


Other broken links have been removed. Unfortunately, they were not able to be recovered from archive.org


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...