Tuesday 21 August 2018

cleaning - How to clean shattered UV filter glass from Lens?


I have a camera lens where the UV filter shattered when it was in my camera bag. I was able to remove the filter, but there's bits of glass on the lens. I currently just put the lens cap back on and have left it alone.


How do I clean the tiny bits of glass off the lens glass? I do have a lens blower and wipes, but I'm worried that if I try to clean it myself, I will scratch the lens glass.


If it's not something that should be Do-It-Yourself (DIY), where should I bring it in to? I'm a member of the Canon Professional Services (CPS). I'm a Silver member. Or should I bring it into my local camera shop?


Also, any recommendation(s) on how to clean my camera bag? It also has bits of glass hidden through the crevices and velcro sections. Should I vacuum it?


Below is a picture of what it was like when I discovered that it shattered, with the filter still on. Note, I removed the filter already.


Shattered UV filter on lens




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...