Wednesday 14 March 2018

lens - Do old manual focus prime lenses give better image quality than new kit lenses?



Do old MF lenses give better image quality compared to new kit lenses?


I have Sony a6000 and I use it with the kit lens Sony E PZ 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS.


I shoot as a hobby and I am not a photographer. Generality I find the image quality of the kit lens is good, but I read some bad reviews about this kit lens. And the opinion of many people is prime lenses give better image quality (sharpness, colors ...). The kit lens does not make very good background blur so I want a lens with f/1.8


I can't spend money on new prime lens as Sony E 50mm f/1.8 OSS (SEL-50F18) which has very good reviews. Sigma 60mm f/2.8 DN is still too much for me at the moment.


What I try to find now is if an old MF prime lens will give better quality pictures than the kit lens.


How the kit lens Sony E PZ 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS compares to the old prime Minolta MD Rokkor 1.7 50mm (or other similar lens within the same price range)?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...