Sunday 18 March 2018

How can I/should I check the sharpness of my camera lens?


The sharpness of a lens is a major concern for most photographers. This might be because we are worried about a defect in the lens, a problem with our technique or a problem with the camera. Or we might want to select a better lens.


In all these cases it is very helpful if we had an accurate and reproducible procedure for checking the sharpness of a lens that can be used by all or most photographers.


So with that background, how can I/should I check the sharpness of my camera lens?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...