Sunday 11 March 2018

focus - What are the biggest issues with wearing glasses as a photographer and how can they be overcome?





To be clear, I'm talking about the photographer wearing glasses.


I wear glasses and I find that I continuously need to make sure my glasses are pushed up on my nose and that having things at the wrong angle can distort things. Some things I am wondering about that I would like incorporated into your answers:



  • Do you have trouble looking through the viewfinder?

  • Do you prefer contacts over glasses?

  • Do you find it harder to manually focus?

  • Do you have a special viewfinder? (I think I have seen things online that are the equivalent of a prescription viewfinder?)



Answer



I wear glasses, and I'm a good photographer (so I'm told).




Do you have trouble looking through the viewfinder?



No. You get use to it after a while.



Do you prefer contacts over glasses?



I have no preference when taking pictures, however my preference in general is using my contacts.



Do you find it harder to manually focus?




Not because of my vision, but because the default screen does not lend itself well for manual focus. A split focus screen will helps quite a bit.



Do you have a special viewfinder? (I think I have seen things online that are the equivalent of a prescription viewfinder?)



No. Every DSLR body I've used comes with the ability to change the diopter of the viewfinder which may allow you to use your camera without your glasses.



What are the biggest issues with wearing glasses as a photographer and how do you overcome them?



For me, the biggest issue was getting over trying to force the camera's body against my face while wearing glasses. This is extremely uncomfortable. Now I don't use as much pressure, and it's much easier to shoot.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...