Saturday 4 March 2017

battery - Solar charging systems for camera gear


Does anyone know of any solar-powered systems with enough output to charge the average DSLR battery?


I'm considering going to somewhere rather remote and might be away from mains electricity (or even portable generators) for two or three weeks. I have considered taking a film camera and making do with that, but would rather take my digital gear. The cameras I'd be looking to charge are a Nikon D200 and a Canon S90.



Answer



Check out the FreeLoader from Solar Technologies in the UK.


I bought the Freeloader Pro online last year, and it's worked okay for me so far, charging the Li-ion "brick" battery for my Canon 350D, although I admit I haven't actually used it that much. Comes with adaptors for different models of mobile phone too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...