Friday 24 March 2017

How to remove Nikon strap rings with plastic covers?


I want to remove the strap rings on my Nikon D7000. They look to be pretty standard triangular split rings, but they also have a little plastic cover on them. How do I safely remove the cover in such a way that I can put the ring and the cover back on later if so desired? After some examination, it looks like I could just pry it off, but it would be nice to know if anybody's has experience with this before, so I don't screw it up.


enter image description here


enter image description here


enter image description here



Answer



I have done this on my D800, I assume they are exactly the same.


So first remove the plastic clips, just push them HARD towards the on-camera mounting post, they should just pop off.



Then remove the triangular rings, they are VERY stuff so you may need a flat-head screwdriver to pry the end open, just rotate them around like a key-ring and off they come.


I NEVER use a strap, and these are very annoying jiggling about all the time...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...