Thursday 3 March 2016

What type and capacity of memory card is supported by Canon 500D?



I was going to buy a new memory card for my Canon 500D and I was wondering if SanDisk Extreme III SDHC Card 8GB which has a write speed of 30MB/s would be a good buy. How can I find out if my camera supports 8GB cards and can make use of 30MB/s speed? The price difference is not really that much.



Answer



The Canon 500D takes SDHC cards up to 32gb. Any Class 6 or above will make sure that there is never a slow down from the cameras buffer filling up, and the 30MB/s card you mention is a Class 10 card so plenty fast. I just bought two of those myself to replace my 16gb PNY as I get a bit of slow down shooting raw occasionally


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...