Monday 7 March 2016

photoshop - Is it possible to re-focus (recover) an intentionally blurred image?


I have an image which I have modified through Picasa ( using Soft Focus - essentially I am making the faces blurred ).


Question is : If I upload that photo to Facebook, and a user downloads it from Facebook, is there any way they can modify the photo so that the face is in focus again?



PS: I am not doing anything mischievous - my subject is against a brick wall holding a Nikon camera, and I just want to focus on the camera strap so I've blurred everything else.



Answer



There is a technique called deconvolution which can, to some extent, recover distorted or blurred image detail.


Topaz labs have a product called InFocus which uses this sort of technique. It can sharpen certain images, but if you have blurred your faces substantially, I believe it would be beyond the ability of any tool to recover. Maybe on CSI :P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...