Saturday 26 March 2016

noise - What is the highest acceptable ISO to use for weddings with Canon 7D?




I recently had my first wedding shoot(yippie!). For a person like me who usually shoot still life and landscape, weddings is a whole new world. I am used to shooting at low ISO's (800 or less) but the changing lights and dark settings in a wedding forced me to explore the higher ISO range.


This brings us to my question. For wedding photographers out there using Canon 7D (if there are any). What is the highest ISO you'll use in a wedding while maintaining a good enough shutter speed (1/60 or 1/80 the least) and still produce a decent quality image for the client.


Btw, I use a 24-70mm 2.8L and shoot it wide open.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...