Sunday 15 February 2015

point and shoot - How can I get nice, vivid colors in food photography without blown-out brightness from the flash?


Whenever I click pictures of people and food using flash, the whole picture becomes bright. When I click without flash, the camera takes in the light from the surroundings and gives me a monotonous and dull colour pattern, particularly when photographing food..


I was trying to capture photos that retain the colour pattern but make the colours more vibrant. Is it possible to achieve this without h post-image processing via editing software? What camera settings or technique should I use to improve my results?


My P & S Camera is Samsung i8.



Answer



I'd suggest you look at using exposure compensation. If your pictures are too bright, then go ahead and use the flash, but turn the exposure compensation down (-.5 or -2/3 for a start). This tells the camera you think it's too bright and it will adjust down.


You can get very dull colors if the light is too low, or if the flash is too bright and washes everything out. If you get the exposure (brightness) right, the colors should be much more vibrant.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...