Tuesday 17 February 2015

nikon - How to transition from crop-frame to full-frame


I'm transitioning from my Nikon D3200 to a D600.


I have a DX 35mm 1.8, and a 50mm 1.8G.


I'm aware that the D600 can be used in crop-mode so if I put the 35mm lense on it, I will feel a bit more familiar, but my goal is to get used to the full frame.


That being said, I have 2 questions:


1) Besides practice, what are the key fundamentals transition in terms of settings (or habits) when using a FX camera coming from several years of DX photography (example there are a lot more buttons, I would manually handle the ISO on the DX, and with a quick hold, and dial turning, I can switch it easily. on the FX i notice that there is an ISO-auto mode that you can really refine, what would you recommend setting that at as a way to transition to what I was used to shoot with the DX in daylight (i was shooting at 100/200) - with flash (200/400) and low light: 800-3200)



2) What fundamentals neat feature that only exist in the FX, transitioning from a DX camera, that you would use quite frequently in daylight,lowlight, and with flash.


I'm aware that exploration and practice goes a long way, I'm just looking for extra footnotes to the transition from DX to FX.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...