Wednesday 25 February 2015

wifi - Automatically send raw photos to PC


I want to set up my Canon T5i to transmit photos wirelessly to a nearby PC/Mac in semi-real-time (as I take them). I can stay fairly close to the PC, but need to be mobile enough that I can roam about 30 feet with the camera. Ideally, it would transmit the photos in RAW format.



It seems like a Wi-fi enabled SD card would be the way to go for this. The Eye-Fi series of cards looked about right; however, it seems like maybe they've been discontinued and their website says something about licensing their technology to Toshiba.


I'm wondering what serious photographers are using to handle this type of scenario these days? Is there a better/newer product that leapfrogs the Eye-Fi cards? If not, should I be looking to eBay to buy a used Eye-Fi? Are those even mildly supported any longer?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...