Tuesday 26 February 2019

metering - Why does my camera's automatic mode render both white and black cards as more of a medium grey?


Can anyone tell me why when taking the following 3 photos, in a room with natural light coming in and fill my viewfinder...


a) when I take a photo of a white piece of card it comes up as grey in colour?


b)when I take a photo of a black piece of card it comes up slightly darker in colour? and


c) When I overlap the cards, the white half is lighter and the black half is black?


        R   G   B
White 156 156 156
Black 139 139 139
½ White 176 176 176

½ Black 30 30 30

Thanks




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...