Tuesday 20 February 2018

Setup for shoe photography


I have a friend asking me to create a setup to take shoe photos. So, I'm trying to pick up a perfect camera + lightning setup. As always budget and shooting space is limited. The photos should look close to this one:


enter image description here


As you see, I don't need a solid white background, I need a shadow from top left and effect of "bright" photo.


Here is think what I've came up with:


Camera: Nikon D3100, for perfect balance price/quality.
Lense: default from Nikon D3100 kit (18-55mm VR).

Scene setup:


One big softbox at left side:


enter image description here


Table with sheet of white paper. (I'm thinking about getting it instead of light cube, because some boots might not fit in cube. Or should I just get a very large light cube?):


enter image description here


And one simple reflector at left side (or just another white sheet of paper).




What do you think about this scene setup? Is one light + flash enough? What would you get?


Also, secondary question: should I choose another lense or this one would be fine too?


Thank you.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...