Thursday 15 February 2018

extension tubes - What do I need for extreme macro photography?



I am wanting to venture into some extreme macro photography, specifically insects, such as this shot. After doing some research I have believe that my 1::25 macro lens will be sufficient if I am to use some extension tubes (which I have bought).


I would like to shoot the in the wild, is this possible/likely? Or is this always a catch, then release style of shooting?


Regarding the link I've posted, would this be possible with a 1:25 macro and extension tubes? I have a set of three (21mm, 31mm and 13mm). How would you go about shoot a blue bottle for example? Surely they are going to fly away? Should I use a tripod or will that cause more of a hindrance than a help? Are there any techniques/tricks I could use to get a sharp focus on my subject?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...