Monday 19 February 2018

post processing - How can I replicate Instagram's "Structure" in Capture One or Photoshop?


I am looking for a way to reliably recreate Instagram's "Structure" effect but can't manage to get it as beautiful as Instagram is doing it.


I read that it is mainly a combination of Contrast and Sharpen. The closest I was able to get was in Capture One with 2–3 stacked layers using "Clarity" in Neutral mode with "Structure" full blown. But even then, the Instagram effect does it so much nicer. The stacked clarity makes the image look overly sharpened.


Here is a example picture using "Structure" full blown:


Crop:


My take with Capture One and one Clarity layer:


Crop:




Direct comparison



Increasing Clarity further by stacking structure layers on top of each other results in a more similar effect but ruins the contrast of the entire image.


What am I missing?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...